What does it mean to teach kids 22nd-Century skills?
An education that prepares for (and shapes!) a beautiful unknown
By now, you know that Illuminated Life School is re-imagining many things about how we do education. We’re re-thinking everything from curriculum and discipline to nutrition and community.
Equipping kids with 22nd-Century skills means that we’re preparing them — not just for tests, not just for graduation, but for their whole lives. It means we’re committed to helping them create meaningful, successful, prosperous lives that have a positive ripple effect for generations.
Here are just a few of the ways Illuminated Life stands out:
- We help each student identify their natural STRENGTHS and abilities and show them how to cultivate and leverage them.
- Students learn critical LIFE SKILLS such as how to take care of their mental, emotional and physical wellbeing, communication, healthy relationships, negotiation, public speaking, First Aid, nutrition, gardening, food preparation, and MUCH more.
- We empower students for the future by strengthening their ROOTS and connections to their forebears. We believe when students know where they come from, they can go anywhere.
- Students are provided a thorough FINANCIAL EDUCATION. Before graduation, our students are successfully earning and saving money. They understand how to spend, borrow, and invest money. They know how to rent an apartment, buy a car, buy a home, and save for retirement. They understand interest, insurance, money mindset, and how the world of money operates.
- We offer a free, optional ENTREPRENEURSHIP program.
- Our 7th through 12th grade students learn on-the-job and LEADERSHIP skills through service-learning internships in the community.
Can you see how these skills, in partnership with knowledge in the “standard” subjects, will put our students on a trajectory that will radically affect what is possible for them, their families, and their communities? We couldn’t be more excited to be a part of this work.
We’re Hosting an Open House and You’re Invited!
Our free online open house will be Monday December 14th, 4:30pm-5:30pm AST / 3:30pm-4:30pm EST (via Zoom).
Come meet the Dream Team that’s redesigning education + get your questions answered.
Details + Registration:
Get 100% of Your Donation MATCHED!
Double your impact for extraordinary education! For every dollar donated, our founders, Heidi and Farukh, will match your donation dollar for dollar up to $50,000.
We’re a 501c3 non-profit so your donations are tax deductible. We take donations in ANY dollar amount (every single dollar is helpful). We have four easy ways you can donate: Credit Card, PayPal, Wire Transfer or Check.
Please donate now here: